Know How it Spreads
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Take steps to protect yourself
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Take steps to protect others
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office. If you are not able to wear a facemask (for example, because it causes trouble breathing), then you should do your best to cover your coughs and sneezes, and people who are caring for you should wear a facemask if they enter your room. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask). Facemasks may be in short supply and they should be saved for caregivers.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface.
- Diluting your household bleach.
To make a bleach solution, mix:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
- 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
- Alcohol solutions.
Ensure solution has at least 70% alcohol.
- Other common EPA-registered household disinfectants.
Products with EPA-approved claims are expected to be effective against COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
Contact Us Today For A Quote On COVID19 Disinfection!
Here’s what you need to know about hiring a Professional Service Company for residential or commercial spaces:
- Advanced Bio-Treatment uses a hands-free, hydrogen peroxide based EPA solution that is colorless, odorless and residue-free
- The technology Advanced Bio-Treatment uses is from a manufacturer that was granted approval by the CDC in January 2020 to send over 150+ machines and solution to combat COVID-19 in China.
- CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN DISINFECTION SERVICES LIKE ADVANCED BIO-TREATMENT, not a company that’s looking to make a quick buck.
- Ask a company how their disinfection application has results. How does a company determine if their service technicians didn’t miss any areas? Advanced Bio-Treatment uses a propriety indication system that ensures every crack and crevice is disinfected.
- Advanced Bio-Treatment stands by their service. We provide a Certificate of Disinfection to prove we stand behind our service.
Call today to schedule your service or answer any questions.
Infectious Disease FAQs
Learn more about infectious disease cleanup by visiting our blog.
Disinfecting Infectious Disease
The Halo Disinfection System™ uses a combination of Hydrogen Peroxide and Silver Nitrate in a gaseous form that destroys 99.9% of all deadly bacteria and viruses. The virus and bacteria disinfecting mist will immediately begin to attack and destroy illness causing viruses and bacteria in the room.
The Halo Disinfection System™ is perfect for disinfecting homes, businesses, hospitals, and nursing homes of MRSA, STAPH, C. diff and Flu, but it can also be used in doctor’s offices, dentist offices, emergency care centers, and operating rooms.
Halo Disinfection System® Success Story by Director of Athletics & Activities at Northwestern Lehigh High School
No Ordinary Infectious Disease Cleanup.
Health Hazards of an Infectious Disease Outbreak
The health hazards posed by an outbreak of an infectious disease such as Swine Flu, H1N1, MRSA, or C. diff is startling. Transmissions of an infectious disease can result from a number of methods beyond physical contact with infected individuals. Infectious diseases are the result of pathogenic microbial agents which can also be transmitted through liquids, food, body fluids, contaminated objects or airborne inhalation.
ABT’s Infectious Disease Cleanup Goes Beyond Surface Cleaning
From a health risk perspective, it is essential to go beyond surface cleaning. To significantly reduce the threat of an infectious disease, a professional scene cleaning service should be used to ensure proper decontamination. Advanced Bio-Treatment understands the risks of infectious diseases such as Bird Flu, Swine Flu, MRSA, C. diff and staph infection and has the training to properly eliminate them.